Thursday, July 08, 2004

My newest obsession



Every once in a while, my brain gets bored with the things that normally occupy it, and I pick something to obsess over. In the past, it's been an iMac, then my Sony VX2000, which is still the bomb to me, then a PS2, and now it's a new digital camera. My Olympus D-360L has served me well, but I think it's time to move on to better controls, better resolution, and better response time. My Mom found 2 Xbox games at the hotel, and since I don't have an Xbox, I was originally going to return them to a store and get PS2 games. But then my mind warped itself and now my plan is purchase a camera, using the 2 games that I returned as 50 bucks store credit toward my camera. Yes, I wasn't terribly honest about it, but the games weren't stolen or opened, and they can resell it no problems. Flexible ethics have to kick in to nuture my materialistic hunger.

So, I've decided on the Canon A80, which will be good for bigger pictures and better controls. I have no idea how I'm going to raise that money, but this is my new obsession. I won't be putting it on credit, but like a teenage boy, I will save every little penny I can spare to get that baby. Oh yeah, it will be mine soon.

There was something else that was exciting that was going on, but I've forgotten what it was.

Comments: Post a Comment