Wednesday, August 27, 2003

Ahhhh! Still no baby, the ever elusive son of the Procrastinator King is still hanging loose, dreaming of little rabbits and so forth. Sigh, this waiting has worked its way into my dreams - I think I've already driven my wife twice to the hospital, and rushed home from work at least once.

My wife either is not having a lot of contractions or she's not feeling them - she went for a walk today and nothing. Just gotta be patient, I suppose. People at work are asking me on a daily basis if the baby's here yet, and I just say, "No, the family's still 3 people." Yes, one could get technical and say that he still counts, even though he's still inside, but as far as separate physical beings roaming in the house, it's still three. Not counting the cats.

Been thinking a lot about fatherhood, having a little buddy who'll always look up to me. With eyes of wonderment and curiousity. Thinking, "I'm going to do exactly what you're going to do, and ask exactly what you'll say." It'll be like my own board of censors. I'll slip inevitably, for my will to be a clean human being weak - my filters are invariably thin. I don't even know what that means.

Well, keep checking, beloved readers. One fine day, I will have newborn pictures up here!

Comments: Post a Comment