Friday, September 12, 2003

It's settled, my mother was right.

My son is better looking than me when I was a baby.

I looked at some old video montage of me, and I guess that my memory served me completely wrong, because in my old photos, I look more like a balding turnip than a cute baby. Alex, however, is a cutie that I'll gladly surrender my title to.

Today has been a little bit of a stressful day -- the early morning wasn't too bad -- we went to the doctor's and found out that Alex was weighing in a little heavier than yesterday, which is excellent. They took a blood test for the jaundice and drew like a pint of blood from his foot, upsetting him severely and my wife even more.

Later this afternoon the doctor called and said that his levels were pretty high, and we would have to bring him in tomorrow to lay under some lights for treatment, and then take another pint of blood from him. This is worrying us, but it is really upsetting my wife as well as it should. In rare cases, jaundice can cause brain damage and even death, but it is fairly common in a lot of babies and is very treatable.

Of course, one of the stupid cats had to elevate the stress level by getting to the highest point of the Laze-Z-Boy, and then in true Exorcist fashion, hurl some really big chunks down the chair. All over the chair. Just propelled it. My wife swore like a sailor and the best I could do was clean it up. All sorts of fun, cleaning that up. And everyone knows how much I love cats.

Anyway, I'm sure Alex will go through this with no problems. I've completed a batch of 39 gift chocolates which I hand designed -- almost drove myself crazy trying to create something that looked good and worked decently. Will probably make more soon, but hit me up for some when you see me before I eat them all!

On yet another note, and since my wife gave me permission to discuss this on the blog, I will indulge... I cannot believe how big my wife's breasts have become. They are bigger than my head, they're so big. They're the Jupiter of breasts - other breasts can park on her breasts. They have started to produce milk for Alex, so it's really good for him because he needs the food to rid of the jaundice. But man, I cannot fanthom how my wife handles the breasts. I've held them and they weigh as much as Alex! Probably more than the little guy! Arrrghh! They're so big!!

Okay, that's the extent of my fascination with my wife's engorged breasts. I'll shut up now.

Comments: Post a Comment