Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Good News

Well, after a good weekend with my mom, Wilbur showed up about two weeks after he disappeared. I was actually trying to see where loud music was playing from, when I spotted him sitting by the porch, looking the other direction. When he saw me, he actually hid under the porch. But when he finally came back in, you could see that he's been toughing it because he is much skinnier than before. He's lost some weight around the face, and his body is leaner. The funny thing about it is he was actually friendlier than before, probably because he's happy to be home. So, hooray! We're back to three cats.

My mom and my cousin had a good time visiting Alex this weekend, and we even had an extra day of fun when my mom decided to go home on Monday evening. We scoured the Peace Arch Outlet Center, and found out how much it sucked. Half the stores were abandoned, and the other half was unexciting. So we ventured down to Burlington and found ourselves a Krispy Kreme store. Woohoo! My dislike of doughnuts due to a childhood puking accident is somehow forgotten when you're in line at Krisy Kremes. Somehow, the cool doughnut machine with the conveyor lines makes the manufacturing of the donuts seem more glamorous and superb. Suddenly it's all some sacred glorious creation that can be witnessed and enjoyed - I would have to say that about 60 percent of enjoying those doughnuts is mental. The rest of it is pure sugar.

Alex's latest thing is doing a low growl, sorta like I do with him when I'm being a monster. Except when he does it, it's the cutest thing because here's this little knee-biter, who's growling with the sweetest look on his face, and he's coarsing his throat to be scary. And no, he's not trying to be intimidating, probably just digs the sound he's making.

On the way back from Burlington, "Take a Chance on Me" came on and my little boy said, "Aa-Bah." No bad for a little boy who's never heard ABBA before.

Comments: Post a Comment