Thursday, August 19, 2004

Alex is sleeping right now, and my wife is in surgery. I feel bad that I can't be there with her, after all, she is getting her tubes tied and it's pretty much my fault that she has to. Hopefully it's not too much pain for her - once Alex wakes up, I'll get him fed and go see how Mom's doing.

Her tubes getting tied is just the beginning of it. Because it's somewhat major, she'll have to stay for another night, and this time she would have to do it alone because I couldn't possibly ask anyone to watch Alex for another night. Brendon and Maralise did it for two, and Maralise has to work from now on. It's pure luck that she was off when she was. Also, we found out that Zoe does indeed have jaudice like her older brother, and they'll be testing her levels again tomorrow to see if it requires treatment. The last time Alex had the bililights treatment, my wife and I had a really tough time. She wanted to kick my ass for sleeping through my shift.

Zoe is still having a bit of a tough time adapting to this world - she often seeks the comfort of someone holding her or just being breastfed. This is a little tough for my wife, because she definitely needs the rest now more than ever. Now that she won't be able to come home for another night, I'm starting to be a little worried.

My wife, on the other hand, is worried to death about how we're going to handle 2 babies. One is kinda rough already, but 2 is going to be just plain murder. She worries even more when my 3 weeks of paternal leave is up, and when JL goes back to school. Then it's 2 babies all by herself. I suppose my video game binges is officially over, until Zoe gets to be Alex's age and is a little more independent.

Well, that's all for now. Gotta go make some bottles!

Comments: Post a Comment