Friday, August 06, 2004

I've snapped!

Lately I've been immersed into the world of photography, brought on by the coolness of my new camera. I found some cool photoblogs and in turn, discovered a really neat site called DPChallenge, which pits photographers all over the web to take a photo according to their rules, their deadline, and an assigned theme. I got obsessed with their "Vanishing Point" theme, and spent the last two nights trying to get that perfect shot. It ain't bad, but I'm already thinking of ways to redo it, maybe make the photo cleaner. I probably won't reveal the photo until the contest is over, but check out the site. It's good eatin'!

I have an idea for my next photo, which was inspired by a tutorial by another photographer on the site. Basically, I'm going to try my hand at high speed photography, since my camera can go up to 1/1000 of a second. But it would have to be pretty set up, and require tons of lighting. I'll try it out tomorrow!

I'm also trying to make it a point to take more pictures of Alex, because it is very true that as babies grow older, you take less pictures. I'm glad that I was so much of a shutterbug when Alex was born, because he's changed so much - he looks almost like a different kid altogether! Maybe tomorrow I'll post some kind of progression since birth. One thing's for sure, I'm cringing at the photo quality of my previous photos. 3.2 megapixels is such a great improvement from 1.3 megapixels. And the color is so much better.

Okay, I'm done geeking out.

Comments: Post a Comment