Sunday, October 24, 2004

Oh Hail.

Holy Hailstorm, Batman!




Alright, I'm not witty enough to think of a better title, but it pretty much sums up our reaction when it suddenly broke into a hailstorm yesterday while we were visiting Jill. Jill, if you're not acquainted in our glossary of relatives, is my wife's oldest daughter, and technically my stepdaughter. But since she's only 4 years my junior, that's not really brought up. That kinda just gets ignored. Anyway, we went our to her place to see her new home, and to wish her a belated birthday as well. I was initially not that hyped to go, since I haven't had any time to myself - but I'm glad I went to see the kids go insane.

The hailstorm probably only happened in North B'ham, because there was no sign of it when we went home. But we walked over to her new house and looked around, while Alex, Joseph and Jane run around the empty house with its black tarped floors opening cupboards and yelling at the top of their lungs. Then when it started to hail, the kids were laughing at me when I was trying to catch the hailstones. But no kidding, it was coming down pretty big and hard for about 5 minutes.

After that, we were treated to Alex and Joseph goofing off at the dinner table. Joseph would stick his slice of pizza in his mouth, and Alex would go into jovial fits of laughter, and Joseph would laugh back at him. Then Jane would laugh just because the other two were laughing. Watching the two boys was a lot of fun, giggling up a storm of their own.

For the after dinner show, the kids were given full permission to go insane, because they would all scream at the top of their lungs, and run around randomly in circles. No reason or rationale behind it, as if someone had just squashed the queen ant and the ants were just going nutso. That was a lot of fun to watch, and I do have some video clips of it, but since it's too dark I'll just leave it to your imagination.

It's also very amazing to see my step-grandkids getting so used to me - Jane would want me to pick her up to the ceiling so that she could pick rainbows, and Joseph would run up to me to have me pick him up so that he could cuddle with me. Something disarming about me, I suppose. Like a Chinese Santa or something.

I'll post a picture of the hailstones at Fifth Eye, 'cause I don't wanna clog up this blog, but check it out. I also revamped Fifth Eye, but now my banner looks like I also read Cosmopolitan while painting my toenails in my very pink room. I know, men can also find beauty in things like daisies, but I'd rather it not be me.

Comments: Post a Comment