Monday, December 06, 2004

My Little Z-Bear

I'll be the first to admit that Zoe does indeed get overshadowed by her brother a lot. After all, he's the showier one who can now climb over couches and chairs and like a good showman, put on quite an act. And perhaps Zoe is well aware of this and is slowly starting to speak up for herself, so I'll dedicate this post to her!

As I mentioned, Zoe is definitely far more vocal, even more than my wife's two daughters. Zoe has a way of letting you know how she feel, and she's been doing that for quite some time now. Pretty impressive being 3 months old and all. I like it when she's sitting there, looking at you, and suddenly she'll coo and squeal out a very audible expression, just to let you know to pay some attention to her. She'll also express her discontent quite readily, with a cute little warble that may be a distress call in nature, but cute as hell to listen to.

She also has a great little smile - sometimes it's a coy smile, sometimes it's a happy smile, and sometimes it's just a smile that lets you know, "Yep, I'm pretty proud of myself too!" She has very expressive cheeks and a great little smile that just brightens up your mood. Whereas Alex is playful in his smiles, Zoe's is sweet and accepting.

She's also got a great brain, 'cause in addition to the early talking, she's already learned how to reach for things. She'll bat at the rattle that's in front of her if she's there long enough, and she's a great listener when it comes to noises. She also found her thumb really early on, and she sucks that thumb with gusto, I tell ya. Whenever she gets tired, all you hear is "Slurp, slurp, slurp."

I also like it when she's awake in her crib, just chilling out. She'll coo and talk to herself, or maybe she's telling stories to Alex and letting him know that once she gets to be his age - he'd better watch out. Cause then she's the boss of him.

I watch Rollie Pollie Olie with the babies and there's a character named Zoe, and it reminds me of Zoe. It lets me imagine that that's the kind of personality she'd have, and always amazed by her older brother, always giggling at all the fun things to do.

I like the way her eyebrows furrow sadly whenever she's not getting what she wants. Her lower lip would curl in to show how sad she was, and she'll give you the saddest little look in the world. At which point I usually laugh at her and give her a kiss because it's too adorable to be sad.

I love my Z-Bear, and I can't wait to hear her tell me more stories.

Not that I'll be able to prevent it anyway.

Comments: Post a Comment