Thursday, November 18, 2004

The Day Off

Today was my regular day off, but I still had to wake up early because it was Zoe's first doctor's appointment. Technically, it's supposed to be her two month checkup, but since the stupid insurance didn't cover her for her last appointment, we had to postphone her appointment to today. Even so, she still wasn't covered today because those lame asses failed to get off their duffs to do their jobs. We will have to seek retropay because those monkeys can't do their jobs.

But the appointment went swimmingly - I got a little cranky by the end of the appointment and my wife noted that I've never liked going to doctors appointments, which I found to be pretty much true. The waiting drives me insane. There's a reason why I'd rather sit out sicknesses and allergies as long as I can possibly bear before making an appointment. But of course, babies and kids are different - but I still don't like the appointments. But Zoe got her shots today, and was doing pretty well considering. She probably slept a lot more than normal, but you say that like it's a bad thing. She's growing normally, advancing steadily, and her head is evidently bigger than anyone imagined. They measured 34 inches, which is 1000X the size of a a baby her size - and then the doctor figured out that the data was misinputed as inches instead of centimetres. Darn.

Wednesdays are always a rather happy day for me, and the kids as well, because it's the day when both parents are in the same room at the same time for more than an hour. Usually it's like when Floppy Dad comes home from work, Super Mom disappears. They can't be in the same room at the same time! Could they be indeed the same person!?

Right.

Alex has been in a super mood today as well, having fun with either parent and just generally having a happy sorta day. He's getting the desired amount of attention, and even had the chance to run around naked for a few minutes. Zoe had a meaningful conversation with me this evening, cooing and oohing at me while I made every imaginable annoying expression to perplex her fragile young mind.

Maralise lend her Triple A membership privileges to us by getting our van towed to the shop - hopefully they'll have some good news like, "Hey, we'll fix it for free! You're the pro bono case we've selected this month!" but we'll likely hear this, "So, the transmission's busted, you need new mufflers, and why is there a dead racoon in your trunk? That'll be One Thousand Eight Hundred Ninety Nine Dollars and Fourty Eight Cents, please." At which point I would peel the dead racoon off the trunk and say, "I'll give you two hundred, eat this smelly rotting bugger and call it even?"

And tonight for dinner, I cooked Peppercorn Pork Chops with Spinach Salad. God, I cook way too much White food.

Comments: Post a Comment