Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Post Election Blues

I suppose it's no secret who we had hoped to have won the election. Even early this morning, it was still in the air - Bush was still leading in Electoral Votes by 2 votes, and Ohio was still up for grabs. But by the time I had gotten in the car, the report had come in that Kerry had called Bush in the White House and conceded. I was depressed for the whole day.

There was a man on the news, and his soundclip was, "I'm embarassed to be an American. And I'm depressed." Which pretty much summed up our feeling about the election results. Somehow, after all that Anti-Bush campaigning, and the news that Iraq did after all, no weapons of Mass Destruction, and an unapologetic president who still maintains that Iraq, not North Korea or Pakistan, is a country that needed a takedown - the man still retains in power, in office.

My wife was pretty emotional as well today. She watched the Concession speech by Kerry and cried. I'm kinda there with here, because it didn't just feel like our candidate just lost. It felt like we all lost, and took a few steps backwards. I'm not even certain if Kerry was the right man for the job, but it certainly feels like the wrong man's leading this country for the next four years.

Just a note, I'll reserve the right to remove any comments.

Comments: Post a Comment