Monday, December 27, 2004

Tsunami in Asia.

Although I personally don't know anyone who's affected by the Tsunami in Asia, it's still really difficult to wrap my head around the number of people killed by it. When I was last reading about it, it was in the 15,000 range, and it continues to rise. And with indifferent impunity, it has killed different races, tourists, and scores of children in such a swift and unforseen manner that there's no comprehension how horrible this all is. Reading about the accounts of people just enjoying the beach or hanging out in their hotel rooms or lobby and then the next moment, nothing. People being swept to sea, drowned, unaccounted for. Again, I don't think there's anyone I know who's affected by this, but it is still such a staggering tragedy that I can't get over.

I'm not a praying man, but I do hope that the numbers are overestimations. I don't really know what else there is to do.

Comments: Post a Comment