Wednesday, May 11, 2005

I know there's actually a ton of stuff to talk about, but since I'm pressed on time and a few hours ago, I leaned back against the chair and a soft little "pop" happened, and now my back's a little messed up. Earlier this evening I had been carrying Zoe on my back on a baby backpack for about an hour, maybe a little longer. I had to since Alex was running around the playground being Adventure Boy.

Well, I am practicing my "LASER-BEAM FOCUS" skills, whereby I adopt the advice that a lot of movie-stars and directors seem to have driving their career. You always hear about people talking about a certain actor, having that drive and focus to succeed and do nothing else. So I'm trying that for a while. The Feature Story I have in my mind is slowly materializing more and more, and the characters are becoming more concrete. I've started a private blog of script notes, story ideas, character stuff, just to get it down on paper or some kind of notation. The basic plot is already in place, but I just want to spend a little more time on the backstory, so that there's a gravity to what motivates them, and why they do certain things. I'm getting very very excited.

The kids are well, tonight it was just me and the kids hanging out at the park with my little mentioned, much older stepdaughter and my stepgrandkids, Joseph and Jane. They really look up to me in some odd way, like I'm a cool dude with a funny name. Jane likes to drag out my name and draw my attention to every single thing she does. I suppose there's worse things in the world. Well, more on Alex and Zoe a little later. Gotta take some weight off my back now.

Comments: Post a Comment