Saturday, July 05, 2003

Spend yesterday and the day before simply relaxing, visiting people and letting my allergies consume me.

We had a bunch of friends at the park yesterday, just chilling out and having fun. The group seemed to be separated somewhat by the chair people and the chair-less people, though I really didn't think about it till today. It was just a matter of chance, I suppose. But the fireworks was pretty good, some huge ones in the sky. I had to fight with myself not to videotape it, though I don't think I could've because I was busy sneezing most of the time.

We saw a lot of little toddlers and babies there, and there was one little girl who cracked everyone up when she ran, because her whole body would vibrate when she ran in her little steps. It just looked adorable when this little yellow jacket with a little hood would shudder herself all over the place with her glow stick.

The day before we were visiting my wife's Dad in Fort Worden, and that was fun although wearing shorts was not the wisest choice. Summer, you would think. We went around the old forts, which were built to guard our coasts during the first and second world war, but is virtually useless now because of modern warfare. Or something like that. My wife and I had fun freaking each other out with the tunnels, which were so pitch black that I would be holding my wife's hand, but when I turned around I couldn't see her at all. I had to use my digital camera to take a picture, and with the 1 second flash, it would give me enough courage to take a few steps before I had to take another picture to find my way. A lot of pictures of tunnels.

Today I was supposed to go into work, but I'm taking the day off because I'll be working the next four days in a roll to compensate for the time I'll be in Baltimore. Then when I return from Baltimore, I'll be spending the following four days working. I long for a normal schedule.

Comments: Post a Comment