Friday, July 25, 2003

Yesterday my wife woke up and told me that she thought that the baby had dropped, before she felt different and the baby did, indeed, seem to be lower. What that means is that approximately a month from yesterday, the baby will be born. By rule of thumb, anyway. What it meant for my wife is that the baby now rests very closely on her bladder, so her trips to the bathroom has been more frequent because Andrew Alex just doesn't like to share any room at all!

We went to the heartbeat screening thing today to monitor the baby's heartbeat, and he was doing a pretty average 135 bpm, but at one point he was doing jumping jacks or thinking about chasing cats or something, just it went up to 160 bpm. Overall, it seemed normal and my wife felt better later because she had been cramping up all morning. She's sleeping now while I continually avoid editing.

The baby room's even more decorated now, with the baby aquarium and the cool baby monitor. Really looking forward to having a baby yesterday at work. I was smiling thinking about being a father and a husband. I am really happy about all this fatherhood stuff.

Looking at my vacation time, I was quite disappointed to learn that I may not be able to take the three weeks as I had intended for the baby. My vacation hours basically equated to 29 hours, and I have 2 personal days. That really means, not a lot of time off. I think I would be able to at least get a week off, so that might not be too bad. My wife will have some problems about taking time off with pay as well. It's not equating to covering the full 6 weeks, and our eggs' nest has maybe some couch change in it. Oh well, we'll figure something out, like we always do.

Comments: Post a Comment