Friday, August 29, 2003

Baby Alex's still a no-show, and my wife's getting pretty impatient about being pregnant. Today our doctor called and said that my wife has a scheduled baby induction on Sept. 6, so if Baby Alex doesn't show before then, they're going to try a formal invitation then. Wife doesn't know exactly how to feel about it, kinda mixed emotions.

Everyone in our family has called to find out if we're still pregnant, because I guess we're liable to forget to call people. A long list awaits us. Meanwhile, a non-stress test is scheduled for tomorrow, where we sit around for like half and hour waiting for the baby to kick and the contractions to come and go.

Syrinx's comment is funny, though my wife and I agree that we don't really call each other by our names very much. I address her as honey and sweetie and bastard a lot (she does too, and she started calling me bastard first.) and she usually refers to me in the third person, as in, "Yeah, the Nicky likes it." So, at least Alex won't call us by our first names. Would be pretty extremely odd if his first words were, "Hey! Bastard..."

Hmm.

Comments: Post a Comment