Tuesday, September 16, 2003

Time has no real concept when you have a baby, and we're finding that out this last week when we've hardly observed the time at all. Day and night seems almost arbitrary when your whole schedule revolves around when the baby needs food, or a diaper change. If it wasn't for taking some time off for the baby, I believe that right now, I could likely be foaming at the mouth and twitching involuntarily.

Ironically, I woke up this morning not because of the baby, but because of JL. She missed her school bus watching cartoons and I had to drive her to school at seven in the morning, and thenafter I just stayed up because I do not have the ability to go back to sleep when I'm up. So... that was fun.

We had to kick poor Franklin out last night when he wanted to cuddle in bed, and I was feeling rather bad about it. All the kitty wants is a little loving, but when he's a 16 pound behemoth with a dominance for space, you kinda have to put his priorities behind your child.

Have to say, emotions are still a little on edge in this house. Everyone's a little bit in the fragile state so spending some time blogging and editing might be a good idea after all. Peace and quiet is becoming a luxury is this household.

Comments: Post a Comment