Monday, September 15, 2003

Went to the doctor's today, and the chocolate-giving commenced. I don't know how many I've handed out, but we stopped into Freddy's today and had friends and well-wishers coo and gush over the little guy, and our rule was with each person who stopped by to see the baby, they got an announcement/chocolate. It got to be a little absurd after a while, because I was even handing one out to someone who was a complete stranger, because she was looking at the baby. But now I have to wrap more chocolates, so that people who visited us can have a little something-something.

Anyway, the doctor's visit went well, and our next doctor's appointment should hopefully be in two weeks, instead of two days. We've had about 5 or 6 appointments for Alex in the last 8 days, so hopefully the rest of his life will be spent outside the hospital. We haven't even begun to fanthom the medical bills. I hear they're quite the bloodsuckers when it comes to payments -- they want it all up front.

We spent most of the day running around and doing some errands, and we are completely exhausted. It's 10:48 and my wife's already sleeping and I'm not doing too hot at the moment. It's amazing how zapped one can feel at the end of the day when there's a baby around. Our emotions have been fragile and careless -- I've said a bunch of stupid things to my wife today, which on a regular baby-free day might seem just fine, but on a baby-around day seems like a sharp blow to the face. But it's just adjustment, and adaptation, and a lot of forgiving. I'm a little afraid of what's going to happen when we start alternating schedules, or when I go back to work, but that's just something we deal with when we get there, I suppose.

Comments:
chocolate day photo
 
Post a Comment