Wednesday, October 15, 2003

I've been severely overdue for an entry and part of that is because of the weekend at my Mom's, which didn't go over the greatest. Essentially, my brother and I got into a fight about something petty - but it just reminded me - and introduced my wife - of his foul temper that often ruins a lot of things, including my relationship with him, and ultimately and eventually, his relationship with the rest of the emotional world.

Don't really wanna get into it too much, except to say that it was not a comfortable visit, and my mom having to apologize for his behavior is just an indication of how bad he's gotten. My wife and myself won't put up with it, really, but my mom and his wife still have to deal with it.

But anyway, the encounter really gave the chance for my mom and my wife to bond, which was good for them. My mom was reassured that she had somewhere to go whenever she needed to, and she would not grow old alone or be put in some home, just our home.

Alex, the little tiger, has gotten noisier over the past few days. His sleep is semi-restless, or perhaps it's completely normal. But he grunts and fusses in his sleep, enough to keep us awake in some form or another. My wife's maternity leave has crept up on her, and this Sunday she'll be back at work, which is rather weird. She's been off for 10 weeks now, and this will be the first time she'll be away from the baby longer than a few hours. I personally didn't mind having the opportunity to be away from the baby, because it just made me miss him. Don't quite know if my wife's feeling the same way.

We're still waiting for the little guy to smile voluntarily. He's managing a few grins, but they're usually in his sleep or when he's going number two, which sometimes would merit a smile if it was one of those dumps. Yeah.

Am feeling rather unproductive - training someone at work and it's slowing my auditing down, and editing's going really slowly - seems like there's never time for anything anymore. Except playing with the little guy!


Comments: Post a Comment