Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Although it was inevitable, it was still a little disappointing when it did happen. I ran the minivan out to Freddy's tonight, the first official outing that wasn't related to showing it off or driving it back home, and when I returned, the engine didn't turn. Just plain dead. So later, I'm going to jump start the puppy, and hope that I don't get electrocuted or something. Or blow my car up.

My wife has been back to work for a few days now, and I must say I'm a little spoilt because I was so used to her being home with a broken toe. Her toe's still broken, but it hurts less for her now. She's still limping a little, but it's okay to stand on. Getting back on the old schedule was a little sad, it is nice when I can see her everynight, and spend so much time with her. I guess that's motivation to get a better job perhaps.

It feels a little weird that Trench and Syrinx are moving over to Japan. I mean, I'm very happy for them, but it does feel strange nonetheless. Don't know why, being how they only lived a few blocks from us but we never hung out that much. After Alex, any free time is basically our time to do normal things like chores, and doing weird jigs for our loved ones.

Alex is acting more of a toddler than before, just being louder when he doesn't get his way. We're trying to invoke a little discipline - there's nothing more grinding to me than seeing a parent being steamrolled by his or her kid. I'm not down with that at all. Call me old fashioned, I suppose.

Well, that's all I have for now. Still thinking about the minivan, sitting in the cold of the night, being dead.

Sigh.


Comments: Post a Comment