Thursday, June 10, 2004

So the van's in the shop, and after they looked over everything, it looks like it's gonna cost an extra $800 to make it safe for the road and the family again. My father-in-law said that it wasn't a problem to loan us the extra money, being how it's "deferred spending" anyway. We're still quite happy with the van no matter, it's quite neat to have all that room. The other day, the moment before it's demise, I put Alex in the van, and then just crawled to the front of the van to get into the driver's seat. I may never have to open the driver's door, ever.

So, that's been the bulk of our week, just wondering about the van, borrowing money for the van, taking the van into the shop and feeling that general sense of intimidation and suspicion about auto shops that non-mechanical types like me always do. I'm starting to wonder if I went into the wrong profession, what with all the mad money these guys make. Sure, they're greasy, but they've got money. And they don't even have to give it away to auto mechanics because they can fix their own cars.

I'm thinking about shifting my work days around so that I could be even more of a slacker. Instead of four days in a row, perhaps I could work two days, have a day off, work another two days, and have the weekend off. Ha ha ha. It's good to be me sometimes...

Now if only I could change the nature of my job...

Comments: Post a Comment