Friday, February 04, 2005

Playing Hooky, Video Games, and Spousal Abuse

This morning when I woke up, my wife had already crawled downstairs with the babies and before I even mustered the strength to get up, I could already hear Alex throwing a tantrum. By the time I was dressed for work, my wife was already annoyed at the babies for being so... babyish. So I offered to stay home today and work tomorrow, my day off, so that we could both have a relaxing day together. Besides, I actually miss the babies and my wife a lot this week, having buried myself in work and chores because of necessity.

We finally made our way out of the house today, venturing into Freddy's so that my wife could talk to the boss and I could look at some clearance toys. That's one of the benefits of my job (other than switching days off at a whim), is knowing when good sales and new clearances happen. It's kinda nice to know before anyone else. So we looked around for some toys for the kids, in advance for either birthdays or Christmas, and ended up spending about 40 bucks on toys. As opposed to 70 bucks before clearance.

After that, I got on the computer with the newly installed modem on the PC, and did some highly dissatisfying surfing on a dial-up connection. Oh well, that's what the poor folks do, I suppose. Waste their time on a dial-up connection staring hard at a status bar, waiting for it to fill up. Play a little Ratchet and Clank, which my wife and I are highly addicted to. It's a rental, but we'll probably end up buying it.

Then we tried to watch Shrek 2, but two phone calls and a visit from Brendon and Maralise meant that we didn't even get more than a half hour into the movie. But it was great to see them and Adrian. Hearing a newborn cry sure did bring back some memories. And then looking at Zoe, I just think about how much she's grown and how less newbornish she is compartively to Adrian. She's still got some infant tendencies, but is starting to pick up some big baby habits.

My wife and I got into some fighting tonight, when I decided to toss a wet baby wipe at her face. She tossed it back and then we fed each other some baby wipe juice, which is the most foul tasting yet strangely refreshing substance ever created. It was nice to have a battle with her, just reminds us of how much fun we used to have before we were role models.

That's it for me.

Comments: Post a Comment