Saturday, April 09, 2005

Tidbits

So Will comes home with JL today, and I couldn't resist being a snarky bastard about it.

Me: So, Will, let me ask you this. What were you doing the other day when JL was missing?
Will: I was so worried! I didn't know where she was and blah blah me me...
Me: Is that why you were on the Playstation?
Will: Well, I didn't know what else to do, I didn't have her friend's numbers or where she was and blah blah blah...
Me. So playing Resident Evil was helping you find her.

I guess there is an upside to being a stepfather of a teenager after all. I get to say what I really think because after all, I'm supposed to be mean.

Well, 98% of my day didn't involve me being a butt, but rather being ready to get off work because I am now off for the next 9 days!! Woohoo! They will be nine rather non-relaxing days, because since I'm the trip planner and place driver and reservation holder of the Vegas adventure, my mind will constantly be jumping from one thing to the next. I'm still up in the air about the Grand Canyon because one side says, "Start at midnight. The kids will sleep through the drive there, and you only have to worry about the way back." and the other side says, "You'll die in a fiery car crash if you don't sleep, you stupid man. Of course, it'll be just you because you'll be too tired to realize that everyone is still asleep in the hotel while you hop into the car and drive yourself to your fiery death. Plus you're really going to screw up your internal clock, dude." But get this, it could very well be a 15 - 16 hour day, easy. Babies don't really understand why they have to be strapped into carseats to see a big dumb hole in the ground, but for the sake of my mom and my wife, I really should make the trip. Still got time to decide, I guess.

I was just snooping around, looking for more ways to spend money I don't have, and I found out that the Wiggles were going to be in Everett later this month, LIVE! Unfortunately, we'll likely pass on this one mostly because paying 120 bucks for all of us to see the Wiggles LIVE! without Alex really understanding the concept of LIVE! or celebrityhood, it probably isn't worth it. Zoe could really care less unless she got to crawl around the arena floor and put various assortment of crumbs in her mouth. I think my wife and I would likely enjoy it more, because our brain reverts to its pre-school stage whenever we hear a Wiggles song. I think the cheaper alternative is to paying all these sweaters, and pretend we're the Wiggles for Alex. I could be Jeff.

Zzzzzzzz.

Yeah, exactly one person I know got that, and she's sleeping right now.

Comments: Post a Comment