Sunday, May 15, 2005

Yes, It's True.

Yesterday, when Alex was having a tantrum field day, I mimed shooting myself while grocery shopping. My wife asked if she could have one too, so I mime shot her first, and then shot myself.

Alex isn't a bad boy, he just plays one on some days. He has his bad days whereby he'll just whine all day and explore extreme indecision. At the supermarket, he didn't want to be picked up, didn't want to be put down, didn't want to walk or be in the cart... he wasn't happy unless he was levitating at exactly 3 feet off the ground, only facing north, with his four left finger extended. So we put up with it the best we can (not very well), and just waited till bedtime.

Zoe's a cutie, she's learning to clap now whenever she's happy, and it's the cutest little expression on her face. Alex's new thing is mimicking words at random points, like this morning when I got him. Since I broke into a Wiggles song at 8:30 in the morning, singing, "Testing... 1,2,3..." He actually said, "Testing..." Which reminds me and my wife not to swear around him anymore. I certainly don't want him in the middle of the grocery line spurting out, "Cock." That's what you get for having a father like me, I don't have traditional swearwords.

Zoe also has this ability to do raspberries with her mouth open. Still don't know how she does it. She's also moved on to more solid foods, eating bits of bread and banana. Alex on the other hand, has a rather developed sense of taste. Having a Chinese father will do that to you. This boy won't shy away from onions or be that picky annoying kid that whines, "No, I don't like that." He actually prefers meals to snacks. He sure likes his Chinese food.

There are other things going on, but primarily routine drabby things that aren't worth mentioning. Watched a lot of TV today when the kids are sleepy, I think my brain is officially dead. Watched a two-hour documentary on the Z Channel, and about Jerry Harvey, the Lead Programmer for the pay channel. Made me miss having all the free time to watch all these films. Now I have to choose my cinematic fare, like last night's choice, Blade Trinity. I really have to make wiser decisions.

Babies are up, so I have to shut down the computer to avoid fussy Alex. Eject! Eject!

Comments: Post a Comment