Sunday, September 25, 2005

29 Reflections of my Life

Whadda ya know, one year older and my titles still suck ass.

We had a pretty busy day today, with my brother and sister-in-law coming over to take the big bus o' fun down to Chinatown, where we met my mom for lunch. But before we even left the house, Alex got himself a shiny new cut and bruise when he fell off the rocking chair into the ottoman, face first. Now he looks like a gnarly little pirate, but my gnarly little pirate. Zoe was getting some new teeth in, so she was a cranky bear, just fussin' up a storm and holding her mouth.

But we made it out before the kids imploded, and Alex was fantastically happy about being on the bus, saying things like, "Bussssss." and "Bye, Bussssss." He pointed at all the things that went by the window, and repeated the word "bus", which confused me anyhow.

Lunch was good, although eating out with the babies is always an adventure. I shouldn't say, since my wife does most of the cleaning up of babies and changing of food-stained clothes. But my family had a good time watching the kids eat tons of ice, selective food, and random head shaking with Zoe. We walked around a bit, and then took the bus back. I was dozing off a bit in the bus, and both kids were dog tired on the way home.

Later that night, my lovely wife and I went to see "The 40-year-old Virgin", which is a rather sweet movie that oddly mirrored a lot of my life, in that I married my first, and I was kinda late in the game. Not 40-years-old late, but late by today's standards. And my reasons were pretty similar to the character's reasons - just didn't find the right girl for it. After that, we ate cheap at Subway and here I am now.

All day, I've been thinking about my life, as I'm sure a lot of people do on their birthdays. Where I am in life, who I've become, What I have and have yet to accomplish. I look at my two kids, I look at my wife, I look at my career and my aspirations. Don't really have much to say about it, but just thinking about these things. Come to think of it, I think the movie did a lot for me, in that this character shared my values.

----

Well, I wrote a few more interesting things after that, but Blogger done and booted my post. I recovered some of it, but some of it's gone. Oh well.

Feeling introspective today, feeling rather outside myself, looking in and observing the life around me. I think I wish I have more time, a better career, more chances to explore my creativity, and more chances to make mistakes.

As far as my family goes, I couldn't be a luckier man. I have a wife who loves me, kids who think I'm the bomb, and my mom who's willing to put up with me and is rewarded with two grandkids who love her. I think about my family and it becomes closer to perspective, that my personal agenda is behind, but my family life is just fine. I worry about the outside world surrounding my family, but that's out of my hands. I'll just have to do the best I can.

I do need a haircut soon, though.

Comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

did you get my singing telegram mr.action comando dude... ?
hehehe
 
Post a Comment