Tuesday, July 29, 2003

It's a matter or mere weeks before the baby makes his grand appearance, and I have to say, honestly, that I'm really too overwhelmed to feel anything. All I can think about is all the work that I have to finish before the baby comes.

But then again, it's not entirely true. I'm really looking forward to his arrival, really looking forward to holding him and feeding him and even changing his diapers. I think the whole family is really looking forward to meeting this little guy, and I'm pretty sure he's going to be the focus of the family for quite a while.

Today is my wife's birthday, took a half day off to spend some time with her. Went to Larrabee, and I decided that we have some of the dumbest beaches in the world. There are way too many rocks and rotting seaweed to make it anywhere close to a pleasant experience. The parks are great, but I don't think the beaches are really all that exciting. I'm so used to the sandy paradises of white sand that I see on TV, that when I step onto a Washington beach and I just think, "Oh." We did manage to make her cry today, when we came in with flowers and balloons, she just lost it. We also got her some bird feeders so that we don't have to go out looking for them - they can just come to our backyard.

Later we'll be going off to Boulevard to catch the sunset, and I'll try my hardest not to think about editing.

Comments: Post a Comment