Tuesday, September 23, 2003

I came to the realization today that Alex has accomplished something quite spectacular. Not only has he effectively altered the lifestyles of three individuals, two of which are adults who are parenting full time, but he has also forced us to live his reckless life. We are now sleeping, eating, and going to the bathroom more than ever, and pretty soon we'll be crying at will.

Forgive me if for the next few days I'm missing, but this will be my last week of vacation. We're going to meet the grandparents on Friday and through the weekend, and fueled by the email and phone calls from my client in June, I will be spending the majority of the week parked in front of the computer, editing my butt off.

And also, my wife has been calling him a "hungry bear" a lot, and the nickname is starting to stick a little for my wife. I haven't really called him "Monkey" too much, though I've called him a hippo and a monster (all in good happy feelings, of course.) See, that's what you get with me. I start a catch phrase, and once people start noticing it and repeating, I change it. I don't know how it works exactly, it's just that I actually get bored with it rather quickly and invent new things. Ask my wife and she'll tell you all the mini games we played before have either evolved or have been dropped. Now we play new games like feeding noodles to coma patients.

Yeah, you kinda have to be one of us to get that, and even then, you still wouldn't because it doesn't make any sense. By the way, the Best Buy noodles are the best.

Comments: Post a Comment