Thursday, September 18, 2003

I feel like I have seriously gotten too used to the routine of a baby - so much so that I'm not getting anything else done. Parenting is so full-time that I actually will start feeling guilty for leaving my little boy alone too long. Of course, he's actually in full custody of my wife, but I just feel like a wretch if I'm not in eyesight of him. He might learn to talk or handglide and I would miss it because I'm editing.

Today has been a day like many others before it, with the exception that I really had a chance to play with my wife a lot today. Alex slept quite a bit, so my wife and I were up to our old tricks. Not sex, mind you, being how that's off limits for six weeks so that she can recover from childbirthing. But just us, playing around, and her beating me up. I mean, literally, my wife has slapped, karatae-chopped, poked, smacked, and stuffed her fingers in my mouth today. We get to wrestling and she gets squirmy and forgets that I'm an actual human being with very fragile body parts. For the most part, she doesn't get injured much, but boy, she mauled me this afternoon. It's very strange now because for the past nine months, I would wrestle with her but always had to avoid crushing her tummy. Now it feels great to attempt to kick her ass again without worrying about inadvertently pushing on the baby, and while I spend all that time enjoying the carefree notion of being on top of her, she will deliver another blow to my head and revel in laughter as I collapse into a fetal position and swear at her.

I love being married to her.

Comments: Post a Comment