Sunday, October 19, 2003

It was role reversal day for my wife and I - she went to work for a full day today and I was home, watching Alex. Because she had to work a full day, I had to watch him last night and take care of his feedings, and give him that icky medicine that he so craves in another life.

Last night was kinda rough, being how I really don't like sleeping anywhere except my bed. So it was a few hours on the green Laz-Z-Boy, a few hours walking around, and watching Girls Gone Wild informercials at 4 in the morning. Total, I think I got about 6 hours of sleep. Attempts of trying to catch some Z's in the morning was also impossible, being how Alex doesn't seem to wanna sleep when I do. He just wants to nap in my arms when I'm wide awake. The day I spend with him was challenging, definitely giving me more insight as to the kind of patience that my wife has that I don't have as much. I just have to play with him from time to time, giving him kisses and reassuring him how much I love him - and trying not to let my workload get to me. But parenthood is still a great experience. Just gotta readjust your priorities, and enjoy the true meaning of being a parent. Put all that trivia stuff behind you and forge ahead.

My wife started missing him just two hours into her shift, which is understandable being how this was the longest she's gone without seeing him. But she's glad to see him now, just spending some time with him while I take a break and mess around with my dvd drive. Whee!

Comments: Post a Comment