Sunday, January 18, 2004

So this weekend was a rather eventful one in some ways.

My wife's sister essentially had a stroke or a mild heart attack - it's not quite decided which one, but one thing's for sure is that her high blood pressure was so severe that it impaired her vision and actually gave her a strong enough headache to get her admitted into the hospital. She's still under watch because they've given her various cocktails of medicines but the blood pressure isn't going down as it should be. So on Saturday, we drove down to Everett but the information was incorrect, so we ended up just eating at Burger King and then driving home because we didn't know that she was still at the hospital. We're pretty sure that she's going to be ok, but it's still a hard one for my wife.

Today is sorta exciting as well, things have finally petered down to one kid. My wife's older daughter and her husband wanted to watch Lord of the Rings, so we watched their two year old, and their 9 month old boy tonight. Alex finally fell asleep at around eight and Joseph soon after, but boy, having two babies and one toddler in the house was certainly interesting. It's almost as if one has to shut down the other things in their life to focus on the children. Cleaning the kitchen afterward seemed almost theraputic and relaxing. Here was one thing that was going to be predictable and easy to handle. They're fun though, Jane was really cute when she was banging on the electronic keyboard and singing in her own language. That kind of stuff made it worthwhile.

Also, yesterday was, for some reason, call our house day. Everyone called. It seemed like one after another, all about random things. People who don't usually call us called.

On a personal and rather boring front, I finally figured out how to copy a DVD! Took me forever and a few wasted blank discs, but now I can finally feel somewhat okay about Blockbuster overcharging me for the rental and the stupid late fees. I'll show you, coporate whores! I also spent a significant amount of time playing Vice City and Medal of Honor - so much that I don't see cars on the road anymore, just vehicles that I can steal and jump over ridiculous ramps. Medal of Honor crept into my head and I was dreaming that I was in the war, and there were Nazis on a train that I had stowed away on. Of course, if that had happened for real I couldn't pass for anything.

Well, that was the weekend. A crazy one.

Oh, a new game too. Alex started doing this thing with me whereby he'll put his hand in my mouth, and when I chew on it he'll giggle and continue to explore my piehole with gusto. It does hurt occasionally when he decides to make a fist inside my mouth or grab my tongue, but hey, that's the goodness that is fatherhood.

Comments: Post a Comment