Thursday, April 22, 2004

Way to ruin a perfectly good DVD.

I got impatient, and thought that I could burn a DVD and type on the blog. Well, no, I can't. It interrupted the blank and now the DVD is trashed. Grr. I hate wasting perfectly good blank media.

And I was going to start the blog out differently.

So I added a email contact to the side, so that people can continue to not email me and tell me things that they don't want to say, but this time it's special because it's Gmail. Of course, being a MacAddict that I am, I had to download a Mozilla browser, or Firefox, to even view the Gmail menu because Safari doesn't do that. That brings up the number of email accounts to 6, my personal hotmail, my 2 business hotmails, my comcast, my yahoo, and now my Gmail. I don't check all of them all the time, except my personal hotmail, which has been around for the longest time. I think unless Gmail gets on Safari, I won't be using it all that much.

Don't knock a perfectly good tangent.

So tomorrow, I'll be cutting off work early to go to another ultrasound. I swear, I've been to so many ultrasounds this past year and a half, I could probably tell the radiologist to take a coffee break while I take over. My ultrasound punchcard will entitled me to a free ultrasound soon. Nothing big, just another routine one to see how Peanut is doing. It's so hard to believe that it's only about 4 more months before we have another baby. And then my head will explode due to the sheer overload of attention that's handed out. It is true and a little sad that Peanut hasn't gotten the same kind of pre-natal gushing we gave Alex, but it's mostly because we're so busy with Alex, not because we love her any less. I was scanning some baby clothes today and there were tons of cute little things. I have to say that having a girl is still kinda weird for me - and I think eventually some day, she will become a teenager and I will not know what to do with her.

So we were in the car, and JL does a fake sneeze, and Alex cracks up. A big belly laugh that's just simply the greatest sound of earth. Happiness in a can, laughter that would melt the most jaded grouch, like me. That's really cool that JL elicits such a positive response from Alex, and frankly, my wife and I are a little jealous. Hey baby, don't you know? We try hard to humiliate ourselves openly and speak in very strange tones to amuse you, and yet you just stare back at us and think to yourself, "I've seen better." We feed you, we worry about you, we clothe you, we change your diaper, we hold you till you fall asleep, we clean up your projectile vomit, we play peek-a-boo until the blood rushes out of our heads, and we degrade ourselves constantly to amuse you - and you laugh for her? Oh boy. I mean, that's okay - I always think it's great when babies laugh, I just think that I've earned it more. If you've ever had a dog who favors a visitor more than you, it's kinda like that. But I guess I should be grateful just to hear that laugh, no matter who's evoking it. It's just so much cooler when you know you're responsible for it. Ah, the gratitude has already started.

Tonight, I bought brownies from Freddy's that had cream cheese and raspberry frosting on top and I died. I told my wife that we had to move to Utah so that I could be married to her and the brownies. They just hit the spot, especially because my wallet decided to stay home today, leaving me with some stupid microwave lunch and a bottle of water for the whole day. There's one piece left, and there's no doubt in my mind it'll be gone tomorrow morning when JL eats it for breakfast. But they are so goood.

Alex, Wonderboy, is doing about the same. Teeth are trying to come in, and he's just being a fussy little guy. Some days he wants to be held, some days he wants to go explore. Not much going on with the little guy. Oh, we got formula with the WIC voucher, and we'll see how the different brand goes. He'll have to get off Similac, which is the Coca-Cola of infant formula, and go to Insomil, which is I guess, the Pepsi version of the powdered stuff. The cans are smaller and different, but it's free, so we'll give it a shot. And yes, it feels weird using the vouchers.

Yeah, it's late and I have to work tomorrow.

Going paintballing on Saturday! Woohoo!

Ouch, man! Not the back of the head!

Comments: Post a Comment