Sunday, August 08, 2004

A Busy Weekend and perhaps a Busy Week?!?

My first weekend with no engagements, but I still wore my butt to the ground. In addition to the crazy egg experiment, I cleaned out the garage after a couple years of accumulating weird crap and old trinkets, and took a bunch of stuff over to Value Village. For the first time in years, our garage might actually have enough room to fit a vehicle inside. We never do so, because it's too much of a hassle to get in and out of the car just to open the manual lever.

We followed that by a long walk at Lake Padden, which is usually about a half hour walk or so. But because my wife is so pregnant and I got so gimpy from the couple days of work, it took us over two hours. About half the shots I took with my camera were crap, so I'm not sure if it's from the egg residue (which I cleaned it the best I could) or just the different contrasts. Anywho, I finally got a little downtime watching "The Dead Zone", which is a pretty good show.

All through the show my wife was having some contractions, so she issued me a "Baby Alert" for tonight. Right now she's telling me that the contractions have indeed stopped, and she doesn't think it's going to happen, but I'm still wondering. Figures, after getting my butt worked to the ground, this would be the morning when she wakes me up at 3 in the morning because she's in labor! Oh well, whatever comes, I suppose. I'm feeling the onslaught of mild illness coming on. Hopefully I'll just sleep it off.

Oh, Alex saw Fred Bear today, one of the big stuffed mascots that promote store awareness, and Alex was a little petrified. Even in his little naive mind, he knows that just ain't right.

Comments: Post a Comment