Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Peaks and Valleys

I wish I had a better metaphor, but I don't, so you're stuck with the title.

I was having a streak of good feelings a few days ago, and today was just not a very fun day, but I'm expecting the next few days to be excellent. But first, just to get the bad day out of the way...

I basically spent the first two and a half hours of my workday in the rain, alternating between driving a forklift in the rain and putting boards in the trailer with a pallet jack. One occasion, a board fell over onto the wet ground and I had to restack it in the rain, and another time I had to restack it because some genious decided that bags of soil should be at the bottom of the board, causing the weight to shift and eventually fall over. I was soaked to the bone - pants, socks, and my hair was all helmety because I wore a hooded rainsuit. Oh, and I forked myself on the shins because I wasn't looking.

The rest of the day was spent catching up with my now swelling workload, and I didn't actually get caught up even when I left for work today. And when I was getting my mum tonight, I drove without headlights and with the e-brake on, without realizing it because I was too tired.

But on to the good news.

I had a really great weekend, spending much needed quality time with the kids and the wife, whom I'm starting to remember now. We even got to play around a little, watched some Tv and chilled out.

My timeline's a little screwed up now. Essentially, my mum found an iPod in December, and it was placed in Lost and Found. The other night she brought it home and I freaked. And I've been playing with it, putting my entire collection on it. I have about 3,000 plus songs. I reckon about half of that I actually listen to. The other half are either songs I don't care for, or odd random CDs that found their way into my collection.

Also, with the money that I got from selling my 116 CDs, I purchased a Nikon D50, with a 18-55mm lens. I barely even understand what the hell that means. It's a DSLR, makes a camera snapping noise that gives me a chubby, and the photos should be spectacular. It's due to be here by Friday, which should be perfect for...

Easter Egg Hunt! We're planning on planning something for the kids, like a hunt or something. I can't wait to see their faces when they find those eggs and get all excited. Okay, that's it, I have to go to bed now. Leave me alone.

Comments: Post a Comment