Wednesday, October 22, 2003

All's fine and dandy in our household - the little guy sure gets a lot of attention from strangers - takes a little bit of getting used to. I'm a complete failure with small talk - I tend to go too far or too weird with my conversations with other people, like tonight at JL's choir recital thingy. Someone mentioned that he was really cute, and instead of "thanks" or "Yes, he's a godsend from heaven and he makes everyday a day worth living," I say something cynical like, "I'll have to remember that at four in the morning." I'm really not that bad - I think it's just my discomfort of coming up with actual conversation. I'm just horrible at small talk, period. I love my boy a lot, but I think that doesn't always come across.

His thrush is starting to go away, but his medication is running out. His tougue is looking almost normal, but there's some white stuff still residing at the back of his mouth. My wife has been administering the yellow, sticky substance by putting some on her finger, and then rubbing it around, four times a day. One of these times include 4 in the morning, and that's gotta be hardcore.

Alex's already starting to outgrow a few of the outfits that fit him a few weeks ago. I dressed him up in a blue thermal and he looked like a blue sausage, just bulging out of it. It's really amazing that he's growing so fast - seems like I've already forgotten how small he used to be 6 weeks ago when he was in my arms.

Honestly, am feeling a bit creatively crippled. Just so much going on! Well, that's what weekends are for, I suppose.

Comments: Post a Comment