Friday, December 12, 2003

It's Alive! The Blog is Alive!

I have to admit, I'm the classic egotist - if my ego isn't stroked by comments, I tend to drift off and do something else, like misdemeanors and whatnot. So with the horrible comment box lying thru its teeth to me, I just assumed no one was reading it, so I was sad, and I didn't write for a while. Truthfully, a huge part of it was also just a lot of stuff going on. The holidays plus just getting the weddings out of the way...

Great news, the wedding is almost done! It's been done edited for a while, I'm now having the encode the movie onto DVD and that's all! Of course, I started encoding like on Monday night, and it's clear into Friday already. This encoding business may not be a regular thing for me after all. Need a faster computer for that kinda stuff... But I'm done with weddings! Finding a lot of time to catch up on movies, organize weird old computer files, and play with the little guy.

He's been doing farely well by the way, though it was a little strange last night when my wife and I took him to Great Clips (for us, not him) and we took turns getting our follicles amputated. I was holding him when the light bounced off his one hair and yes indeedy, our son has one strand of gray hair! Perhaps he worries about us being his parents. He was doing very well sleeping through the night as well, going to bed at 10pm and waking up at 7 in the morning. But this last week he's been waking up in the middle of the night again. We're guessing its because his room is so darn cold. The heater in his room decided to disintegrate because we've been having it on continuously for two months (they sure don't build 'em like they used to) so the temperture is probably giving him an immature sleeping pattern. He's also started to fuss more on some days, just unhappy about nothing in particular. We think he's starting to dislike his car seat now because he'd rather sit up and see the world.

On the personal front, I've taken care of business a little, paying off my credit cards with a bank loan that uses my car as collateral. So now the bank owns about 80 percent of my car, but at least my payments each month go toward actually paying something off. And as a bonus, there was some extra money left over from the loan so I was able to be a better giver this Christmas. Not as great as my wife though, she got the the ultimate gift for me and I'm the happiest turtle on earth. Hee hee.

This is what happens when I don't update for a while, my topicality is completely off track. Well, anyway, we're fine. Just a bit busy. But thanks for missing us!

Comments: Post a Comment