Friday, November 14, 2003

Sometimes at work, I think about my son and a smile finds it way on my face.

I think about all the influence I've had that has made me who I am. It's quite odd, really, being a lot of my role models weren't actually real people. I would say that Hong Kong Cinema and Hollywood had a lot to do with what I believe to be right and wrong, and how I should approach certain things in life.

My Mom's personality is pretty evident in me - a peacemaker, someone's with a good work ethic and could probably be a strong leader if we were more charismatic and power hungry. We're relatively easy going, and we're homebodies.

My Dad and brother, I have to admit, were not very good role models. My Dad was often absent from my life, and I don't really remember anything more than a few things about him. A few experiences that add up to a few throwaway emotions. And my brother, well, if you've read anything in the past few weeks - you will gather that he is basically the person I'm trying not to be. I suppose he's a contrast to me.

I told my wife the other day that I found it simply amazing - that looking at my son, I'm seeing his little baby that is part me, and part my wife. He is someone who will look up to me, and love me unconditionally (at least for the first 18 years) no matter what. I am the second most important thing in his life (I'm happy with that title - my wife is deservedly the most important thing in his life hands down.) and he's pretty darn important to me too. Just thinking about him makes me wanna go into his room and plant one on his cute little cheeks!

Tonight he was smiling at my wife a lot when she was talking to him. And he was talking to me while I chattered on and on about nothing to him. That was a lot of fun.

Comments: Post a Comment