Saturday, November 08, 2003

This Sunday my mom's gonna come up here with my brother and sister-in-law, have dinner, and then my mom's gonna stay a couple days and be a grandmother to my little boy. I'm just a little anxious as to how everything would work out - my mom's pretty easy going for the most part, which shouldn't be a problem. Unlike my brother who needs to always be going somewhere scenic or doing something to reinforce the fact that we are a mobile culture, my mom is pretty much like me. Stay home, watch movies, do very little at most times.

Of course, the biggest worry is how my wife and my mom will get along. It's the whole cross cultural/generation/personality thing where everything my wife believes in is in direct conflict with everything my mom believes in. For example, my mom believes that babies should have feeding schedules, water to drink occasionally, left alone to cry from time to time, and my wife has read or heard contrary. On my wife's defense though, most of what she knows is from recent child-rearing books, and from Alex's doctor. So anyway, it will be an experiment in relative relations. I'm sure they'll do fine.

Alex's smiles are becoming more frequent - and yes, most of them are at his Winnie the Pooh mobile. His eyes just light up and the smiles just find their way to his face when he sees the likes of Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Eeyore revolve above him. It's really something to see his eyes track each character and then switch to the next one. I believe he's found his first heroes.

As for my wife and I, we're trying to make more of an effort to spend more quality time together, laugh together more, and tell each other how much we appreciate each other more. Her and I are really close, and we make a great team - no matter what we do. We made up a song yesterday that was crude and inappropriate - but we had a lot of fun laughing at ourselves. There really is nothing more fun than finding a fellow nerd to laugh with.


Comments: Post a Comment