Wednesday, November 05, 2003

We have a co-worker/friend who I did a wedding for, and she usually closes the apparel section at night. Well, a couple days ago she called in sick and had to go to the hospital because she was having some trouble breathing. Turns out that she was only breathing about 30 percent of her capacity, and at that rate it could've been fatal. So she's resting for the next few weeks, and my wife is going to pick up some of her night shifts because we need the money badly.

My latest thing is to be really tired, sleep for 7-8 hours, and be in a daze all day. Of course, I'm not trying to be that confused, I just am. Usually when I'm at work, I form a glaze over my eyes and generally avoid talking to people anymore. My requirement for social interaction has sorta taken a backseat - somewhat because it's not that important for me to make new friends anymore. It's like that Seinfeld episode where during his standup routine part of the show, he waxes about stuff. I'm just not taking in any new friends. I've got enough, and barely having enough time to maintain it and hang out with them. So, at work, I'm just barely cordial, but not really trying that hard. To them, I'm always the auditor anyway, so it's not like they're dying to get to know me.

Alex's cold seems to have found another host - me. I guess even parasites have a heart. Either that or I have a more habitable wasteland that's favorable to colds. But at least he doesn't have the sniffles anymore.

Sorry if I'm sounding a bit cynical - it should pass the closer I get to getting all these weddings done.

The other day, Alex slept from 11 at night to almost eight in the morning - that was a good night. Otherwise, he's been breaking up his sleep at least once a night and then again in the morning, which isn't too bad considering it used to be thrice at night. We're also trying to keep him warm with the heat on in the house and an additional heater in the room to battle these sub-freezing tempertures we've been having.

My new favorite thing to do in the morning is to use the defrosting spray on my car. Just melts the ice frost on the windshield and for a brief moment - I feel like I have control! Haha! Melt, you pesky little frost on my windshield!

Comments: Post a Comment