Saturday, February 14, 2004

Happy Valentine's Day!



While Alex struggles to stay awake and is wailing out his displeasure, I'll try to update a little bit on what's going on with us.

Alex has picked up a few new habits, one of which is actually really funny to watch. This usually happens when he's eating or tired, whereby he'll hold his hand up in front of his face, and then turn his hand back and forth slowly, wiggling a finger or two, and just studying it. Just completely fascinated by his control over his hand. It's the cutest thing to watch, and I doubt I'll ever get it on tape.

He's also grown accostumed to the camera/videocamera, or really petrified of it anyway. He has a tedency to just stop everything he's doing to look at the camera, and wait for it to flash or do something else. And being the cinematographer I am, I tend to get close and personal, often at eye-line, to get a good angle on the little guy. I worry a lot about blinding him with the camera flash so I try to limit my shots to 3, so I don't completely damage his pupils.

My wife and I had a busy day yesterday, just going around town to run errands and attend doctor appointments. She had a pregnancy appointment and Peanut's heartbeat seemed to be just fine. She then had an eye appointment which took over an hour, so Alex was practically climbing up my head. The aquarium in the doctor's office did provide adequate distraction for him, though. Although it must seem like such a tease for him to not be able to eat the fishies.

We went to Boss Tweed, because last year I took her to Boss Tweed before proposing to her. Alas, this year we're a little strapped for cash, so we didn't really get each other anything. I guess that's not a bad thing, considering she was gonna get me a shirt that said, "Property of my wife" or something. I don't mind being that, but announcing it is a little corny. Like wearing a cap that reads, "I'm my mother's son."

So today, I've just been chilling with the baby. Took him out for a walk and he seemed to drag his feet and just lay there, so I put him in a stroller instead. Ha ha. Right now he's tired but he doesn't want to take a nap in his crib. But I'll wait for a couple minutes. See if the fatigue sets in.

Comments: Post a Comment