Friday, May 14, 2004

I think this is the first weekend for a long time whereby I'm actually watching Alex. The last few weeks there's been one thing or another going on, so it feels as if I'm barely watching him, just keeping supervision over him while I do other things.

He was actually quite kind to me today, sleeping in till almost ten. I woke up at 8:45 anyway, when my allergies overtook my nasal passages and held it captive under a sea of snort. But he's jovial and such a happy little boy when he first wakes up. Then it seems to always go downhill from there. But after being interrupted from his afternoon nap and about a half hour of extreme screaming, he's been sleeping peacefully since 4:30. That means I get some computer time! Pay bills! Yay!

I was telling my wife that Mondays and Tuesdays are kinda tough, because after a long day at work, I have to come home and watch the little boy while my wife goes to work - and as mentioned before, the little boy starts acting a little more fussy toward the end of the day. So usually I'm pretty worn out by then. If my wife was home, though, a wave of relaxation seems to wash over me because I know that I can go take a leak if I needed to, and not take him in there with me or leave him screaming in his crib. The little luxuries we take for granted. See, when she's home, I can either choose to play with him, or write on the blog, whatever. There are four hands to catch the little rugrat before he puts something dangerous, like a cat, into his mouth.

Well, once Zoe emerges from that comfy womb and joins his brother in their joint mission to drive Mommy and Daddy absolutely bonkers, Mondays and Tuesdays would be too brutal for me. We would have to rejigger our schedules so that we're not too alone with the two babies for too long. Otherwise we would not survive the first two years.

Comments: Post a Comment