Friday, May 21, 2004

Just tested Photoblogger, which is pretty cool except that I have to be on the PC to post my pictures. Also, I don't know what happens if they decide to start charging. Hmm. How long does free last anyway?

A Doctor Story

I had to go to a new doctor in order to continue my allergy prescription today, and my new doctor did something so baffling and human that I have to share it with everyone. Here's a dramatic reenactment. I will be played by Chow Yun-Fatt while the part of the Doctor will be played by Doogie Howser.

Doctor: Have you tried Flonase?
Me: No, it makes everything taste funny. Or it may just be me.

(Later.)

Doctor: This is Alavert, a different type of nasal spray. Group Health will pay for that. I don't think it smells. But let's see.

(Doctor removes the spray from the box, and squirts it in the air. A steady stream flies out of the nozzle.)

Doctor: Whoa.
Me: ...

(Doctor squirts it again, sending a spray into the air. He walks into the mist as a girl would do with her perfume.)

Doctor: No, it doesn't smell like anything.
Me: Hmm.

(a beat.)

Doctor: Did I just do what I think I did?

(Later.)

Doctor: My eyes are burning.

Me: Hee hee.

So, there's my story. Even if it was a 25 dollar co-pay, it was worth seeing a doctor cause temporary blindness in himself with an allergy nasal spray.

Comments: Post a Comment