Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Sleeping my life away...

Sorry about the cliffhanger there. I mentioned that my wife was having contractions and then left everyone in the lurch by not posting a follow-up. Well, turns out it wasn't anything, though she had contractions again last night. I think we're close to it, but I was really hoping later because I'm still a bit ill, and I don't want to be kicked out of the delivery room for being contagious.

So, this business about me being ill. Well, I came home from work after 3 hours there, and I pretty much slept the whole day. Literally, from 1pm yesterday, I slept till 6am this morning. I woke up a few times for bathroom and food breaks, but even those were short because my head was hurting so badly. Thoughts swirled in my head about permanent brain damage, like somehow after this fever, I wouldn't be able to tell colors apart or do basic math. But the pain is pretty much over. I've slept enough and baked my fever out by sweating it all out, and I should be okay. I'm a little better today, but I'm still staying home because I didn't want to miss...

The Biggest Boy on earth! Whilst on my deathbed, my son was learning how to stand on his own, and I've got the video to prove it! My wife sounded so very happy when Alex was doing his trick, so I'm glad to be able to stay home and do some video and photos of him standing up by himself. He's also attempting a few steps, so it won't be long before he's running around like a maniac.

Well, more later. I'm starting to sweat profusely again. My body temperature has been out of whack for the past 24 hours.

Comments: Post a Comment