Saturday, June 21, 2003

It's been a while since I posted on the blog, not so much of a lack of things to blog about. Just haven't found the time.

Yesterday my wife and I were having what we referred to as a "Hallmark Moment". It goes a little something like this:

My wife sometimes likes to lay on her back, pull up her shirt and watch her belly move independently, because Baby Alex has a tendency to move around a lot at times. Anyway, this was the first time that I really got a chance to watch it. I was editing or surfing on the computer, and I put in the "Golden Slumbers" CD, which is a soft jazz compilation of lullabies that is a very nice rendition for little guys. Well, watching my wife's tummy was getting me excited, because it would rise and fall with her breath, and all of a sudden there would be a little jolt of movement, which is Alex moving around or voicing his approval of the song.

Well, my excitement got my wife so happy that she started to cry, and I enjoyed watching the baby be a busy boy and my beautiful wife being so happy that I cried too. The music became a tremendously emotional soundtrack to our moment, so it made the moment more emotional and we were laughing at ourselves. We kept saying, "Stupid music, making us cry."

But it'll probably be one of those things I'll remember for the rest of my life.

He has his busy days and his quiet days, but he's been busy for the last three days. I'm getting really excited and scared about the arrival of the baby. I remarked today at all the house alterations and cleaning that we're doing for the baby as, "It's like the Queen herself is coming to visit!"

Comments: Post a Comment