Friday, June 13, 2003

The weird news keep coming.

In addition to my neighbor still being in jail, I presume, my brother got laid off by Cisco Systems yesterday. He's still employed till August, but man. He's at least got severance pay for 6 months, which is pretty nice, but still. Sometimes I'm happy that I'm working in at Freddy's, because you would think that we are essential enough to everyday life for the community to secure my position. Technically, my position as an auditor is a pretty secure one because stores in general, need their own independent auditor to ensure price integrity. It might actually be state law, but I'm not sure.

Which brings us to my idea of flirting with going into videography full time. It's a risky business move, but there doesn't really seem to be a shortage of work, but I'm not entirely sure. If I do pursue it full time, like my wife said, I would have to dedicate myself entirely to it. Constantly selling, constantly shooting, constantly editing. I don't mind doing both a regular job and video editing, but it's difficult to do both simultaneously. Unfortunately, it's the editing that suffers most because it's on my own time, and I'm stingy about how I spent my personal time.

We sorta decided that I should just sit on it and wait till next year to decide. After all, we have a baby to adjust our finances around, which is a good idea.

By the way, I am dying to get new camera accessories.

Comments: Post a Comment