Monday, June 09, 2003

On the brighter side of things, my wife and I finally made a compromise with my Mum, who has been completely bend out of shape about the name Alex. She seems happier about the name, and I'm just wanting it to be back to normal. There was progress in the relationship between all of us, and when the name thing surfaced, I just felt horrible because it was impeding that progress and was threatening to destroy my relationship with my mother at some degree.

I know, talking with anyone and they would simply say that it's not fair, your mother shouldn't dictate what you should name your child. But it's difficult. It's not just her culture, it's not just her preconception, it's a combination of a lot of things that aren't to be taken lightly. Anyone can make a slight judgment and say that my Mom's being unfair, which I do think to a certain degree, she did take this more seriously than needed to be, but nothing's ever that simple. My wife and I also made a compromise, which may be a little silly, because we're working on a technicality, but it should suffice. All I wish for now is that everyone just gets along, because there's still so much to enjoy.

I think my wife is the greatest!

Comments: Post a Comment