Tuesday, March 09, 2004

I know I promised to be positive, but there are two things I'd like to comment on that might seem... not very positive. But they are things that are happening, so there.

First of all, Peanut has been in the foremost of our minds. Just thinking a lot about Peanut, hoping for the best. My wife has been really worried about Peanut, and I think I speak for the both of us when I say that although we want very much for Peanut to be fine and healthy and well and be a beautiful baby, we have prepared ourselves otherwise. Just so much has been running through our heads. Luckily, Alex has done a mighty fine job of distracting us with his general antics. I don't know what we'd do without his cuteness. We're going to head to Seattle on Sunday and stay with my mom, who still doesn't know about it yet. Then she'll watch him the day of the ultrasound, which is helpful and works out for everyone.

The other news is that our neighbor is once again, hosting his own Smackdown party. Early this morning we were awoken by our neighbor and a lady yelling, back and forth, things being tossed and so forth. When it was all said and done, she'd flipped out and declared that the house is hers, and he'd punctured her car tire and smashed in the driver's side window. So that was it, crazy neighbors are fighting again. Whatever. But later when I called my wife, there was a sequel smackdown, this time with actual physical contact. Apparently another lady turned up, there was a catfight, people were tossed around, and the cops were called. Even a warrant was issued for the cops to search the house.

I long for boring neighbors. Like Flanders.

Comments: Post a Comment