Monday, March 01, 2004

Alex has a new trick, which is something that we'll probably chide him for doing later on in life for being rude, but since he's 5 months old, he gets away with it.

Raspberries!

The act of loosening one's lips and blowing air out of them. He's really adorable when he does that, and at times it seems like he's almost talking. Never mind he's saying, "Bahhhhh." It's his inadvertently of Sheep talk. Or perhaps he's being a Scrooge, as in "Bah, Humbug." In fact yesterday, I freaked for a while because it seemed like he said a three word phrase. Of course, being a good parent, I forgot what that phrase is, but it actually made me wonder if someone else said it.

I will post the raspberry video once it becomes available. My computer is busy encoding my short movies so that I can start putting my works on DVD. Since my mondo camera is in the shop, this will be a good side project for me.

Spent four hours of my life last night watching the Oscars, and I can't say that I don't like the Oscars, but it certainly is worth thinking about. I was thinking about this year's Best Actress, and the two years before that with Nicole Kidman and Halle Berry, and a weird trend seemed to be taking shape. Seems like Hollywood likes their leading ladies for their performances, and when they transform their beautiful selves into frumpy, prosthetic characters to portray pained individuals, that's just amazing to people. But at the end of the day, they're still beautiful actresses. Actors on the other hand, don't have the same set of criteria as actresses.

It's also a bit disturbing to see Billy Crystal naked for that long of a period of time. And did Bill Murray look pissed or what?

Yesterday was also one of the first times I actually lost the bet with my friend Jay. Every year we bet on who's going to take home an Oscar, and this year his preference toward Sci-Fi paid off. I lost by like 4 votes.

Well, that's all I got.

Comments: Post a Comment