Tuesday, July 20, 2004

The progress of my materialistic obsession.

So, it's been a few days since the last post, and a few things have changed. The stuff I had on eBay is currently up to 50 bucks altogether online, which is rather exciting until I think about what I spent on them initially. Heck, the CD burner alone was 300 smackaroos. Now it's moving for 5.99. Cruel. But that's going well, and I'm excited about it. My camera is finally on its way, trucking across the US from New Jersey and should be in my hands on Friday. Estimated. I'm super excited about it - so much so that I've started a photoblog. It's still in its infancy, and I'm trying to keep it minimalistic and keep all my banter for this blog, but check it out. Right now I'm posting some of my older pictures, and the format will probably change soon, but I'm trying to find a format that works.

Meanwhile, my wife has gotten the medical release from the doctor. She's not working anymore due to the heat problem at her job, which really translates to "no air-conditioning." Tons of people who aren't pregnant are already pretty miserable over there. So, to compensate a little, I ton my co-worker that I would have to steal one of her shifts back - which I felt bad about, but I gotta do what I gotta do. So my wife is just taking it easy, letting Zoe take it easy as well.

Alex has a new food fav! I've been eating these preserved mangoes forever, and I gave him one today while my wife and son were visiting me at work. He picks it up, waves it around some and makes some exploratory sounds, and then proceeds to gum and suck on it. Since the mango slices are actually quite thick, he doesn't bite into them, but he sure enjoys the loads of sugar that they slathered on it. He was making all sorts of perverse sounds, making faces, waving it around, and sticking it back in his mouth. By the time he was done with it, it looked very much like a dead wet slug. He couldn't really chew it, so he couldn't eat it. Just had the pleasure of sucking on it.

So, that's about it. My wife has been feeling a bit bum still about the lack of attention given to Zoe, so I'm trying to do a bit more. I would suggest readers do the same...

I think Zoe will be a cutie. She'll be my little ladybug. My little tulip of happiness. She will be a good baby.

Comments: Post a Comment