Sunday, March 30, 2003

Making the wedding a separate post.

Trenchcoat was good enough to accompany me to Renton and Seattle, to pick up Jay and my Mom respectively, while my wife was getting some last minute preparations done around the house and the town. Her mom, sister, and brother, and nieces and nephew were all up and helping when I left. I had forgotten that my mom had invited a friend, so the ride in the back was pretty comfy in the back. I think Jay and my mom really do get a kick out of each other, really. And my mom's friend was actually not informed that I was getting married, because my mom did not want her to get me anything (which she later remedied by giving me a hong bao with a c-note in it. I thought it was too generous, being how this would've been the second time I've ever met her.

Anyway, we were actually running a little late, but I broke a few laws and got there about half an hour before the wedding started. Walking in the door and seeing everyone look up and smile at me... that got me really nervous. But I got changed, went downstairs, and the reverend had us sign the documents (which actually sucked because it effect we were already married before we performed the ceremony.). We started a minute after four, and I pretty much stayed calm through the ceremony, almost teared up once like my wife, but we made it through just fine. They watched my silly little videos, and everyone seemed to enjoy getting glimpses of us just being ourselves, completely silly and in love. My mom later asked me if I actually sung "Can't take my eyes off you", which I lip-synched and pranced around to.

A lot of hugs and handshakes were thrown, and we really had a lot of fun, and the gathering dissapated rather early on, actually. Most of the people left by six or so, because we didn't really have a program anyway. But that was fine. Talking with friends and lingering with them was a lot of fun. Haven't watched the video that Brendon shot for us yet, but I'm not allowed to touch that until I get all the weddings edited.

At around seven, I had to bring people home, and luckily my mom's friend was staying at my mom's, which saved me a trip to Seattle. We hung out with Jay for a short time, then I took Cody home at around nine-thirty. I had spent more time driving that day than being married at that point. But I saw my wife, and everything was all better. Today we spent the first day as husband and wife, and I found myself very excited at the fact that I was married, because it was like being a member to a very exclusive club of two. I have yet to get used to the ring, which at this point feels like a wet band-aid that's trying to turn my finger purple, but I'll get there. I have to just not think about it being there. I feel like a child who has to wear pants. Just wanna take it off, but I'll be in trouble if I did.

It'll be a week before our honeymoon in Vegas, and that will be a cool little trip. 4 days in Vegas, losing all our money, and than 3 days in Oregon, with me clocking in a lot of driving hours. Yay.

We're married!!!

Comments: Post a Comment