Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Well, first of all I'd like to ask a favor - if readers around B'ham forward this address to anyone who might be interested in acting for an improvisational drama, or just acting in general, that would be great. We're trying to get people together on Saturday for a concept testing, otherwise known as an audition.

http://pub53.ezboard.com/bbellinghamartistsnetwork

Thanks.

Back to the news.

Alex is now scooting around like a mad baby, though he's not graduated to "crawling" yet. I guess crawling is when the baby's on his hands and knees, and scooting is similar to the green army guy who's sprawled on the ground with his rifle, simply draggin himself with his arms. So anyway, the little boy is making rather good time doing that, so we have to watch him quite a bit more now, since his favorite things to explore are never toys or soft, cushy things. But wires, sharp objects, and cats. Yep, the cats have been pretty good, considering Alex grabs a handful of fur and attempts to eat them before they walk away calmly, probably mumbling under their cat breath, "Boy, if you weren't feeding me..."

He's also gotten into full raspberry mode the past few days, just doing it non-stop. Don't know if he's just enjoying the fountain of drool that emits from his mouth when he does that, or just enjoying the sound it makes, but I brought it full circle tonight by adding some stupid zingers to his punchlines.

Me: Hey, didn't you have onions today, little boy?

Alex: Bbbbbbbppppfffff!

Me: Boy, that Mexican food sure was tasty!

Alex: Bbbbbbbpppfffffff!

And so on. Childish, sure. But what else do I have to entertain myself?

I've been a little depressed as of late, what with realizing that my free time has basically been drafted off somewhere else, and won't be back for quite a while. And putting my movie making aspirations on the back burner is also a little tough on me, just imagining all these things that I'm not doing anyway when I had free time, and just thinking that things are sad, and will get sadder when Peanut comes along. Don't get me wrong, I'm a very proud father and I'm happily married, but it is hard to re-priortize and put all these other things ahead of your own needs. Now it's all a balancing act that I'll have to learn to adjust to, and it's hard.

The bright side is, we're really looking forward to this coming Sunday, because my wife and I are celebrating our 1 year anniversary as a married couple and are going to Vancouver BC all by ourselves! No babies or kids! Our friend Karen is going to watch Alex and JL will spend a little bit of day with her sister, and then go to school as usual. It'll be nice to spend some time with my wife, being how I've inadvertedly ignored her for the past week. Not intentional at all, but just the whole re-priortizing deal that still needs to be ironed out. Our marriage is very important to me because a lot of how I define myself is through my wife. At the risk of sounding all codependent and everything, I would say that I need her very much. She is my life. So, tooling around Vancouver and sleeping in is all in our agenda, spending money we don't have and overestimating the American Dollar over the Canadian dollar will probably be in the plans too.

The other day I was doing some weird babbling and Alex laughed, just thought it was hilarious. So i tried it again when my wife was watching and he didn't respond. And I felt like a big prat. Tonight I did it again, using my version of the raspberry and then making it really annoyingly high-pitched, which he thought was funny. Brought it the video camera - nothing. Enjoyed batting at the camera though. So anyway, I was over-analyzing it and thought, well, my baby is a human baby, and sure, repetition is funny, but there are only so many times we can laugh at the same joke. But my jokes are always altering, always different. Hmmm. He doesn't get sick of Peek-a-Boo, why would he be bored with my vocal weirdness?

And then my head exploded.

Don't worry, I ordered a new one. Always wanted a mole below my lip.

Comments: Post a Comment