Sunday, February 26, 2006

I'm continually impressed with the little things that my new Mini Mac is capable of. I'm such a techno whore that now I'm lusting after a ibook so that I can have some mobility, and in the back of my mind, wondering how many things I can sell in order to acquire myself a Canon D50. Perhaps that will be a good side project, just to ebay my way to a Canon D50. Anywho, I was talking about being impressed with Mac Mini, specifically the Dashboard widgets because I'm writing this entry from a widget. Doesn't seem like much, but I still think it's cool anyway. Nerdy like that.

(Amendment to that last paragraph, the widget had some formatting issues and I'm in Blogger now.)

Another weekend gone, just like that. We attempted to do something different on Saturday by going to the Seattle home show, but that trip was just not very interesting. No home, no money, and we just had limited interested in what flooring, or what landscaping options were available to us. The closest thing we could relate to was that they were offering free gifts with a subscription to the Seattle PI and I showed enough interest to get a vendor to threaten me. That was fun.

Oh, and I shocked Zoe a couple times, and got a few looks for that. My wife knows that I'm extremely static charged, and when I go and touch Zoe, you can actually hear the pop leaping from my fingertips to her arm. Twice in a row. The first time I swore, "Son of a..." without an intention of finishing that sentence, because that's how I used to swear. But a Dad looked at me like I was a cross-dressing leper, so I tried to pick her up again. Zap. I've taken to spraying myself with Static Guard just to be safe. I smell a bit off, but it's a much better price to pay than being a lightning rod, in my opinion.

And that's that. Weekend gone. Got more editing to do. Story of my life. At least I didn't have to make a stupid trip down to Seattle tonight. That's always a good thing. Toodles.

And and by the way, we watched a DVR of Scrubs this afternoon, and I maintain that it is one of the best shows on television. Like ever. That 22 minute episode had more heart in it than most movies do. In case you're wondering, it's the one where they used the Wizard of Oz as a theme. Great episode.

Comments: Post a Comment